Have you tried Konqueror? Not necessarily as a replacement, but as a test to see if it works any differently. What happens if you close/restart Mozilla?Originally Posted by ricky
We're here to help!
I use kppp in KNOPPIX to dial up to my ISP and log in using terminal mode (as I have to input the account and password in terminal mode). After log in, I can browse the web pages using mozilla but just for a few minutes and after that there is no response from mozilla. If I disconnect and reconnect using kppp, I can go through the web pages for another few minutes and then no response again. I use an external modem Lemel MD-56K and connect it to com1. Can anyone help me to solve this problem please. Thanks a lot!
Have you tried Konqueror? Not necessarily as a replacement, but as a test to see if it works any differently. What happens if you close/restart Mozilla?Originally Posted by ricky
We're here to help!
I have actually tried using Konqueror as a test. The behavior is just the same as Mozilla but with Konqueror it last a bit longer before it did not respond.
Exit and restart Mozilla won't help. I have to disconnect and reconnect to the ISP if Mozilla is to work again.
Please let me know if you have any further ideas. Thanks for your help!
Hi,
No solution but something similar with Mozilla 1.3-5 (from Knoppix 3.2 2003-05-03).
I can can browse on a first web site then when I follow a link leading me under another domain name, it's still ok.
But when I browse this new site and follow internal links, Mozilla seems to send the http requests to the first site, and of course I got 404 pages.
Sometimes it works longer, I mean I can follow several links, but after some clicks I get the same behaviour.
If I quit and launch it back, it's ok for some clicks than I get the problem again.
I do not have the problem with Konqueror.
-- jean-sébastien rousseau-piot. brussels, belgium
bonjour Jean-Sébastien ,
maybe there is a problem with HTTP 1.1 and "Keep Alive". Try switching your mozilla to HTTP 1.0.
Ciao Martin
1) Have you added yourself to the 'dialout' group in /etc/group
2) After you lose the ability to surf can you ping by ip? domain name?
3) As a slightly-risky-last-resort sort of thing, have you tried logging in a root and then surfing? Do you get the same results?

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2TB Internal SSD M.2 2280 M.2 SATA III Black Model/MPN SSD2TBM2
$125.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC
$109.99
KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE
$58.99