Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: CROMFS compression

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788

    CROMFS compression

    Anybody tried using cromfs to create KNOPPIX file system?
    I used cloop and squashfs before, and it went fine.

    My problem is, I can't (don't know actually) compile cromfs-driver statically linked.
    I believed if I can get it statically linked, it will load on boot.

    Why I choose cromfs? Experimenting actually. I can get 2G of space compressed to 500MB....meaning I can dump alot of apps inside.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Never mind.
    I contacted the developer (Joel Yliluoma ), and he already release a new version which you can compile statically.

Similar Threads

  1. compression only takes a few seconds
    By rash in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
  2. is compression slowing knoppix ?
    By abs in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 05:11 PM
  3. How to get a better compression??
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
  4. compression
    By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 01:06 AM
  5. Alternative Knoppix Compression
    By ps420 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2002, 09:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 20 Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1 320GB picture

Lot of 20 Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1 320GB

$2399.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Lot of 6 Micron 4GB PC4-2666V-UC0 DDR4 2666MHz RAM MTA4ATF51264AZ-2G6E1 24GB Kit picture

Lot of 6 Micron 4GB PC4-2666V-UC0 DDR4 2666MHz RAM MTA4ATF51264AZ-2G6E1 24GB Kit

$110.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



4x SK hynix 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN 256GB TESTED picture

4x SK hynix 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN 256GB TESTED

$2399.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99