-
Junior Member
registered user
Problems connecting with Wireless
I have an old Compaq presario 1279, designed for windows 98, so I'm not sure on its exact age, but its old
.
And I have an SMC Networks EZ Connect Wireless card.
Running Knoppix 4.
After much trouble I figured out how to make it connect to networks that I want, and KWifiManager says this
Connected to network: 2WIRE258
access point: 00:13:95:74:A6:61
local ip: unavailable
frequency [channel]: 2.437 [6]
encryption:
Signal Strength 100
I would use wired, but my card for the ethernet adapter is broken, plus wireless would be nice.
Anyways, so it says its connected, i have an unavailable ip, and I cant open any websites.
What do i do now? I'd like to be able to connect to irc, msn, and the web, but I cant :\
Similar Threads
-
By Magnus_L in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-05-2008, 05:05 AM
-
By Dman87 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:23 PM
-
By Vishwas.Bhat in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2006, 01:21 AM
-
By rhami01 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:32 PM
-
By Faeranicus in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99