-
Incrementing wireless ethernet port numbers
Hi All,
I'm a relative noob to Knoppix and Linux in general, so please bear with me if I don't understand things
I've just moved from 4.01 to 5.01. I have a Compaq nc6120 laptop with an Intel 2200BG internal wlan card. OS is running from the DVD, whilst the /home and configs are on a USB flash.
On running "wlanconfig" in 4.01, and running the "sudo pump -i eth0" command, the wlan port was always seen as "eth0", would gain an IP Address and connect to the wlan.
I have configured my 5.01 config to use the IPW firmware drivers with an addition to the "knoppix.sh" script, as found elsewhere in the forum.
On running "wlanconfig", the wlan ethernet numbers are incrementing by themselves after each reboot. Currently the wlan port is registered as "eth7"!
I obviously have to change the "sudo pump -i eth" command to suit the port number "wlanconfig" allocates every time.
How can I stop this from happening, and always see the ethernet port as "0"?
The addition to "knoppix.sh" is as follows:
cp /mnt/sda1/ipw2200-fw-3.0/* /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
modprobe -r ipw2200
modprobe ipw2200
And the IPW drivers are located in the correct place for the above to work....
Please help!
Cheers
Skankabilly
Similar Threads
-
By Gobitron in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
-
By ngtisu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:13 PM
-
By Kriil in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By ses101 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 10:52 PM
-
By yugpatel in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-27-2003, 01:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99

Vintage Apple lII Disk lII Floppy Drive Analog Card PCB 820-0024-C Tested
$40.00