I would note that if you save configuration or have persistant home, booting up without a disk in the zip drive can make the file manager act a little strangely.
After struggling to get Knoppix to recognise my Zip drive I found that if you had a disc actually in it while it loaded it recognised it no problem.![]()
I would note that if you save configuration or have persistant home, booting up without a disk in the zip drive can make the file manager act a little strangely.
What version of knoppix are you booting?Originally Posted by Friendly Guy
I'm using 3.2. I have it copied to my hard drive & just boot from a CD. I'm very impressed with Knoppix - next stop real Linux.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
VMware SD-WAN Edge 640N VeloCloud Dell E42W EnterpriseFirewall 32GB
$127.50
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Fortinet FortiGate 50G Enterprise Firewall VPN Device, MPN FG-50G
$285.00