This is trivial, but did you check the cd with cheat code "knoppix testcd"?
I have recently purchase a new HP DV8000t (Intel Core Duo) laptop (which I am happy with). However when I try to boot Knoppix V5.01 it begins to load, gets to the proccessors and then right at the step involving the PCMIA and the starting cardmanager? The screen goes black.
I tried the cheat code : nopcmia but it did not work… any help for the experts…?
( i was able to load my old version of 3.3 but couldnt mount my NTFS hdds )
This is trivial, but did you check the cd with cheat code "knoppix testcd"?
I ran it just now, and it looked good. It completed then went to my "Black Screen Of Death"~
I suspect your hardware might be to recent to run without a kernel update (which, of course, isn't possible with a LiveCD).
One last idea, correct spelling: Did you type "nopcmia" or "knoppix nopcmcia"?
Two other things that might give useful information. See the cheat codes section of the wiki for details, try the failsafe cheat code. Also try the expert cheat code and take notes on how you answer each question; if you hang, try again and change the answer right befiore the hang.
Booting with both Knoppix 5.01 in failsafe and expert mode both hang at the same spot. (not many option to choose from in expert mode... only get to choose which Scsi things to load.. ( i dont think i have any Scsi, i have SATA hhd.. )
Right after it checks to see the power supply {battery of course} it goes to the loading of the "cardmngr"
then the Black Screen of Death...
It almost sounds like the it is still trying to load... but then the CD-Rom stop spinning and everything gets quiet... then i huddle in the corner and cry for 5 min. Ok maybe the last part isn’t true... but is still frustrating.
Looks like you have to try again when the next release comes out. In the meantime, take a look at Kanotix, a Knoppix derivative. I was able to help a guy with similar problems to boot off the Kanotix iso file on the hard drive: http://kanotix.com/index.php?name=PN...=128405#128405
However, this trick will not work with Knoppix.

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
AS IS Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$410.00