-
Cannot mount writable partitions on HD and flashdrive
I've searched for this problem but can't find anything that matches this problem, so sorry if this has been answered before.
I've used Unix in the past, but not for a few years, so I'm really a newbie once again. Trying to rescue data from a drive that won't boot into Windows xp using the Knoppix CD, I see the damaged windows partition has been mounted and I can read its data. If I connect a second HD or a usb flash drive, these also appear on the desktop. The problem is making them writable partitions. I can copy files to a floppy disk but not to the another HD or flash drive.
I set the permissions on the partitions to r/w/x, removed the write-protect checkmark in the file system property screens, and set the owner to user, but the os still tells me I don't have write permission. How do you make a partition writable (if that's the real problem here)?
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Similar Threads
-
By Briana83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-11-2007, 10:59 PM
-
By redhawk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 12:35 PM
-
By dmizer in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 02:38 AM
-
By sb73542 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 12:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 68 Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10-2457-02 SFP 10GBASE Transceivers
$1020.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00