-
Cannot mount writable partitions on HD and flashdrive
I've searched for this problem but can't find anything that matches this problem, so sorry if this has been answered before.
I've used Unix in the past, but not for a few years, so I'm really a newbie once again. Trying to rescue data from a drive that won't boot into Windows xp using the Knoppix CD, I see the damaged windows partition has been mounted and I can read its data. If I connect a second HD or a usb flash drive, these also appear on the desktop. The problem is making them writable partitions. I can copy files to a floppy disk but not to the another HD or flash drive.
I set the permissions on the partitions to r/w/x, removed the write-protect checkmark in the file system property screens, and set the owner to user, but the os still tells me I don't have write permission. How do you make a partition writable (if that's the real problem here)?
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Similar Threads
-
By Briana83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-11-2007, 10:59 PM
-
By redhawk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-20-2006, 12:35 PM
-
By dmizer in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 02:38 AM
-
By sb73542 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 12:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total
$1000.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88