Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/write ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Londen, UK
    Posts
    3

    USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/write ?

    I have installed a Knoppix-based distro (Puppy Linux) on a 2Gb USB memory stick. How do I make the installation writeable to the USB so that all settings/changes are made permanent ?
    Currently, all settings are not lost whenever I restart.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: USB bootable Knoppix: how do I make the install read/wri

    Quote Originally Posted by gerasmus
    I have installed a Knoppix-based distro (Puppy Linux) on a 2Gb USB memory stick. How do I make the installation writeable to the USB so that all settings/changes are made permanent ?
    Currently, all settings are not lost whenever I restart.
    Puppy Linux is quite different from Knoppix, so you might get better help from its forums at http://www.puppyos.com/forums.htm

Similar Threads

  1. Changing USB install to read-write
    By raesene in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
  2. Poor Man's Install - Can't change read/write mode
    By Nick889 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 05:00 AM
  3. unable to make install - read-only file system
    By knopppixnewbie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
  4. Change OS read only file to read/write after "poor man'
    By Needtoknow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
  5. How to make partition read-write
    By woodjack in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 07:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM picture

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM

$300.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB) picture

OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)

$180.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00