What does this mean? Some people might have to make a change to their BIOS, but I've never heard of making a change to windows.Originally Posted by sef_bnight
Have you tried removing the CD and powering the computer completely off before rebooting?
What's up? I burned the knoppix iso on a cd (image file) using sonic recordnow. I made windows setup to boot from cd. It then goes to a blank screeen that only says "Missing Operating System".
I searched google and this forum, and i couldn't find anything.
I also tried to make a cd from ISO Recorder for winxp (that way i could let it burn at 4X, a lower speed), but it failed when it tried to burn it.
Any help would be appreciated
I've tried using knoppix on both a desktop and a laptop.
desktop specs:
1.9 ghrz pentium 4
250mb ram
78GB hd space
windows xp sp 1
laptop:
2.0 celeron
250mb ram
25GB hdd space available
winxp service pack 2
Thanks a lot!
What does this mean? Some people might have to make a change to their BIOS, but I've never heard of making a change to windows.Originally Posted by sef_bnight
Have you tried removing the CD and powering the computer completely off before rebooting?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Oops. I meant I set the BIOS to boot from cd.
I am having the same problem here! Have done basically all the same stuff. HELP PLEASE!
Does the CD need to be a boot disc? I tried it on a regular writable cd.
trying to run it by cd on my laptop:
Dell Inspiron 16400 or is it 6400 (E1505)
Genuine Intel(R) CPU
T2300 @ 1.66 Ghz
1.66 Ghz, 504 MB RAM
Windows XP Media 2005
Obviously it needs to be a boot disc, but you don't want to do anything to make it bootable in the write process, that will assure failure. See answer #1.Originally Posted by Fuzzoom
I just burned it again, this time using Nero 7.
It worked.
Thanks for the help.
I don't have Nero 7 so I can't say exactly where the option to burn an ISO is hidden there. One rather helpless user of Nero 7 in the past claimed that the information for Nero 6 wasn't good enough to help him find the burn iso or burn image option in version 7. Since you know where it is you might help us by updating the FAQ to include specific Nero 7 burning information.Originally Posted by sef_bnight
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I had a dude help me out today, he had to download Nero to get it to work. And you guys don't really specify that is has to be a bootable disc, but I guess that is logical. Anyways, the dude got it working for me when he burned it with Nero
Now I just got to figure out the commands (with google helping)
Thanks for the assistance.
Actually, it's very important not to take any option that makes the disc "bootabe", and I think the faq spells that out. Just burn the ISO as an image to the CD and it will be bootable, take any option that makes the disk bootable and you'll have a nice bootable coaster.Originally Posted by Fuzzoom

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99