I have been reading articles all over the net, how people are booting their Linux distributions from iso images on their hd’s
I have even tried a number of the explanations and howto’s with no luck.
Is it actually possible to do this? As I have also found many forums saying its not possible!
What I want to do is set-up a boot in my grub menu called test and have an iso file on my hd called “test.isoâ€?
What I was hoping I could do with this is download different live disks and change the name to test.iso overwriting the
test image and reboot from the new iso to test the distribution without the hassle of burning cd’s etc
I would really like to do this with grub if that is possible and don’t really want to have the iso image extracted in anyway
Could someone talk me through this if it is indeed possible or point me to an up-to-date explanation as I have become more confused looking round google then I first was when I started lol
Thanks in advance
Stephen

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$169.99
(LOT of 8) Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12 DDR4 Cisco Server RAM Tested 100%
$1299.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL14 - CMW16GX4M2Z3600C14
$180.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98