-
Booting from iso for testing purposes
I have been reading articles all over the net, how people are booting their Linux distributions from iso images on their hd’s
I have even tried a number of the explanations and howto’s with no luck.
Is it actually possible to do this? As I have also found many forums saying its not possible!
What I want to do is set-up a boot in my grub menu called test and have an iso file on my hd called “test.isoâ€?
What I was hoping I could do with this is download different live disks and change the name to test.iso overwriting the
test image and reboot from the new iso to test the distribution without the hassle of burning cd’s etc
I would really like to do this with grub if that is possible and don’t really want to have the iso image extracted in anyway
Could someone talk me through this if it is indeed possible or point me to an up-to-date explanation as I have become more confused looking round google then I first was when I started lol
Thanks in advance
Stephen
Similar Threads
-
By thehigherentity in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-27-2006, 09:29 AM
-
By thehigherentity in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2006, 04:57 AM
-
By robson8112 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By zhrinze in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 08:47 AM
-
By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99