-
Getting German Instructions after Boot
I burned the iso image to the disc as well as making it a boot disc with Nero 6 for "knoppix-std-0.1b.iso". The computer recognized the boot disk and got me to the dos screen for drive a. After typing dir, I see one exe file (has the command "wwbmp" or something like that), which I try to enter, but it comes up in German partition stuff or something.
From what I understand this is supposed to automatically go into Linux once it detects the cd and shows os info or whatever. Does anyone know whats going on? Is their some way to make it at least change the German into English? Why isn't it going directly into linux?
Edit:
> [KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-05-20-EN.iso to be exact]. The problem is the "V3.2" in
> the name of the file. Windows looks at the first "." as the extenstion
> marker for the file and most CD buring software will do the same. Since
"2-
> 2003-05-20-EN.iso" isn't a valid file extenstion, Windows will not
reconize
> it.
> I removed the period between the 3 & the 2 and Nero reconized it as an
> *.iso file and burned it fine.
You did know that the "Knoppix std" is a customized version of the Knoppix
Live distro, right? (
http://www.knoppix-std.org/ ).
If you just want to try out Linux, I would recommend you use the "regular"
version of Knoppix:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
The "STD" version, [which was featured on TechTV], focuses on information
security and network management tools, along with Knoppix Linux.
Just saw both of those post in another forum. Do you think that the dot is keeping it from running automatically? That still doesn't explain why I am getting German script when I try to enter the command.
Unfortunately, I need to purchase some rewritable disc because I have run out of available writable ones. But if any of you know the answer to my questions, I would love to know them, so that it works the next time.
Similar Threads
-
By chaosnine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-03-2017, 08:53 PM
-
By spiralvoice in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-07-2007, 12:04 AM
-
By Quinny in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-19-2005, 11:02 AM
-
By landolini in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:20 PM
-
By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 01:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM ThinkPad 600X Type 2645 Laptop with accessories *Read Description*
$149.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Huge Lot Vintage Computer Manuals Disc's Floppys Macopener Windows 95 & More
$140.00

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage 1998-1999 iMac G3 Computer Back Small Cover Plate for Apple Clear
$12.00

Vintage Lot of 2 IBM PS/2 Floppy Drives
$25.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37