-
SCREEN PROBLEMS - Newbie to Knoppix/Linux
OK, sorry for posting a new thread but I'm honestly hopeless at working out what I need to do.
Basically, I downloaded the ISO, checked the md5 checksum (all is good) burned the image correctly using the recommended software, and popped the CD in my PC. Everything works fine, apart from the fact that it will only display in 640x480 resolution on my 15" LCD.
Usually, I use 1024x768 when running XP, and when I bring up the monitor's built-in menu under XP, it says 1024x768.
When running under Knoppix, it says 640x480, and there is no option to change it via the built-in menu on the monitor.
I tried to change the resolution setting in Knoppix itself, but only 640x480 was available.
Also, I lose the bottom and right side of the screen. As in, the desktop fills the whole screen and the menu bar fits in fine, but the windows do not, I cannot see the right and bottom of the windows when maximised. Also, if I try to shift the screen around using the monitor's menu, i just end up with black areas where I have moved from, so I'm assuming its just because the resolution is so low that the windows cannot fit in?
Please help, it would be much appreciated, as Knoppix looks to be a fantastic alternative to XP.
*NOTE: I'm running off the live CD, ver 5.0.1 EN, and know absolutely nothing, so explanations will have to be very basic for me to understand!*
Many Thanks,
Silvar
Similar Threads
-
By Yojimbo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By Shaba1 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By Guardian in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:18 AM
-
By AndrewVDP in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-23-2003, 04:15 AM
-
By Van Zan in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-04-2003, 05:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00