Have you tried KH on another system? Also, can you see if there are any physical defects to the disk?
Another possible solution would be to make a copy of the disk (at as slow a speed as possible) and try the copy.
HTH,
'Goon
I purchased the O'Reilly book Knoppix Hacks with the Knoppix v3.4 Live CD because I have a 56K dialup modem connection to the Internet and downloading a 700MB Live CD is prohibitive.
During the course of booting up with the Knoppix Live CD, I keep getting:
Disk error 10, AX=4200 drive EF or
Disk error 10, AX=4280 drive EF
It gets that error for all of the cheat codes I have tried including failsafe, even when I type in from the boot prompt (below):
boot: knoppix testcd
Does this mean that the Knoppix v3.4 CD is corrupt or bad? Note: I have DVD and CD-ROM drives.
I do have a Ubuntu 6.0.6 Live CD that works without that problem.
Tia,
-- Tom
Have you tried KH on another system? Also, can you see if there are any physical defects to the disk?
Another possible solution would be to make a copy of the disk (at as slow a speed as possible) and try the copy.
HTH,
'Goon

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
LOT OF 6 Intel Core i7-6700 3.4ghz Desktop CPU • LGA1151 Socket H4 SR2L2
$169.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
LOT OF 10 Intel Core i5 Desktop CPU •5x 7500 5x 6500 •LGA1151 H4 SR2L6 SR335
$109.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF
$39.95
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
$29.95