-
System halts at start.
Hello!
I have some problem when I try to start Knoppix on a HP NX5000 Centrino Laptop. The problem is I cant start Knoppix at all with any of the "cheat-codes"
Ordinary start, the screen gets black and the computer freezes.
When I try with the vga=normal I get to
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel. And then the computer freezes.
When I try the failsafe or the failsafe debug -b 3 command I get to
.... CPU clock speed is 1594.8430 MHz.
.... host bus clock speed is 0.0000 MHz.
cpu: 0, clocks: 0, slice: 0
And then the computer freezes.
I have tried most of the intresting commands at this page http://www.brandone97.com/mirror/knoppixSTD/FAQ.htm but no success. Burned in CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW no success. Works perfectly on another PC so its not the media who failures.
Does anyone have a solution for this?
Similar Threads
-
By nethardwareguru in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-02-2007, 06:13 AM
-
By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 04:24 PM
-
By richter in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By thanos in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2003, 01:57 PM
-
By panlm in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 03:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5� SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99