Have you tried KH on another system? Also, can you see if there are any physical defects to the disk?
Another possible solution would be to make a copy of the disk (at as slow a speed as possible) and try the copy.
HTH,
'Goon
I purchased the O'Reilly book Knoppix Hacks with the Knoppix v3.4 Live CD because I have a 56K dialup modem connection to the Internet and downloading a 700MB Live CD is prohibitive.
During the course of booting up with the Knoppix Live CD, I keep getting:
Disk error 10, AX=4200 drive EF or
Disk error 10, AX=4280 drive EF
It gets that error for all of the cheat codes I have tried including failsafe, even when I type in from the boot prompt (below):
boot: knoppix testcd
Does this mean that the Knoppix v3.4 CD is corrupt or bad? Note: I have DVD and CD-ROM drives.
I do have a Ubuntu 6.0.6 Live CD that works without that problem.
Tia,
-- Tom
Have you tried KH on another system? Also, can you see if there are any physical defects to the disk?
Another possible solution would be to make a copy of the disk (at as slow a speed as possible) and try the copy.
HTH,
'Goon

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53
128TB External SSD USB 3.2 Type-C Backup Drive Hard Drive PC Mac Android Videos
$118.90
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99