-
Enabling static IP configuration
Hi all!
I'm customizing a Knoppix Lite, and I configure /etc/network/interfaces in a chroot environment, but when I try my new Knoppix, DHCP requests configure the network.
How I can disable DHCP configuration at all? And how I can personalize messages during the hardware detection?
-
Senior Member
registered user
You should look into the boot up scripts in miniroot.gz and boot.img, they run the dhcp clients. Also, there is no rc5.d/S20networking etc, that will run
Code:
/etc/init.d/networking start
to make changes you have made in /etc/network/interfaces active.
Similar Threads
-
By acer0001 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 11:48 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 01:11 AM
-
By true1ever in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:56 PM
-
By blackshadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2003, 04:11 PM
-
By Cyber in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-18-2002, 03:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01