Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix firewall won't save settings

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6

    Knoppix firewall won't save settings

    I installed Knoppix to my HD and everything is just swimming (apart from what appears to be a memory leak issue - it slows down quit a bit after just an hour of use forcing me to reboot) but other than that not bad.

    However, I wanted to change the default settings for the Knoppix Firewall, since by default the ports are not Stealthed.

    I can make the change, however when I go to save it, it says "cannot save must create persistant knoppix image on HD" or words to that effect...But I have knoppix installed onto the HD and there is plenty of Space. I've done it as root also, no dice.

    Question - how can I get the firewall tool to save it's profile permanently? Is there another front-end I could use that would not mess up?

    Thanks in Advance!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quit shouting, Is your post so much more important than everyone else's?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6
    I was not "shouting"...

    Shouting is using all CAPS.. I did not. If my font seemed large to you it seems small to me.

    That such a thing could possibly bother you enough that you would make such an inane post without offering
    a solution to my problem simply amazes me. Perhaps you should set your monitor to a resolution above 640x480 ?

    But, um..good luck with your therapy or..whatever.

    So, anyone got any ideas?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1
    you must creat two ext3 partitions and use one for your OS and the other is for the persistant image. It took awhile to figure out and lots of reading, now if I can get to the next level.

Similar Threads

  1. Save Knoppix user KDE settings?
    By Knoppix_ava1 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2007, 09:20 AM
  2. can I save settings to HD?
    By joshknape in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 02:53 AM
  3. How to save settings?
    By Akkarin in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 01:42 AM
  4. 4.0.2 Firewall settings not saved in persistent home ?
    By Robert A. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
  5. How to rename the knoppix account and save all settings
    By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor picture

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor

$399.00



Intel Xeon E-2478 2.8Ghz 24MB Cache 8 Core FCLGA1700 Server Processor CPU SRMX7 picture

Intel Xeon E-2478 2.8Ghz 24MB Cache 8 Core FCLGA1700 Server Processor CPU SRMX7

$599.95



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD picture

HP EliteBook 840 G5 Laptop Intel Core i5 7200U 8GB RAM – No HDD

$64.00