I'm remastering a Knoppix installation. This PC won't boot a Knoppix CD. Only the DVD. And because I'd like to get it under, say, 300 MB, this will make it more difficult.
I'm in the APT stage of this FAQ. I want to remove all packages I don't need. And there are a LOT of those. For example, I don't need anything related to X/X11/Xorg/KDE/you-know-what-I-mean. I read there thatwill delete that package AND all packages dependant on it. However, when I try to remove xorg or kde-core this way, no packages other than just the one are deleted. (Or so sais the confirmation message.)Code:apt-get remove --purge the-package
I certainly hope I'm not supposed to delete 4 GB of packages individually.
Could someone please help me out with this?
Thanks!

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00
Yealink MP56 VoIP Phone 16-Line Bluetooth Wideband Audio Black/Gray
$90.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95