-
Removing a package AND dependant packages
I'm remastering a Knoppix installation. This PC won't boot a Knoppix CD. Only the DVD. And because I'd like to get it under, say, 300 MB, this will make it more difficult.
I'm in the APT stage of this FAQ. I want to remove all packages I don't need. And there are a LOT of those. For example, I don't need anything related to X/X11/Xorg/KDE/you-know-what-I-mean. I read there that
Code:
apt-get remove --purge the-package
will delete that package AND all packages dependant on it. However, when I try to remove xorg or kde-core this way, no packages other than just the one are deleted. (Or so sais the confirmation message.)
I certainly hope I'm not supposed to delete 4 GB of packages individually. 
Could someone please help me out with this?
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By rash in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 10:11 AM
-
By leecming in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 05:00 PM
-
By lgalea in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 07:38 AM
-
By silkodyssey in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 02:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99