Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: mozilla root folder

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    mozilla root folder

    I'm trying to enable a mozilla config on a remastered disk (this is a general question as it would apply to a knoppix hd install too) I can't seem to figure out which folder is considered the mozilla root folder on knoppix the Automatic Mozilla Configurator:Locked config settings tells me it has to be in the mozilla root folder. I have solved this problem on gentoo linux, however the directory structure is different in knoppix. any help would be appreciated. (i've been guessing but haven't had time yet to go through all the options)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: mozilla root folder

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoterracide
    I'm trying to enable a mozilla config on a remastered disk (this is a general question as it would apply to a knoppix hd install too) I can't seem to figure out which folder is considered the mozilla root folder on knoppix the Automatic Mozilla Configurator:Locked config settings tells me it has to be in the mozilla root folder. I have solved this problem on gentoo linux, however the directory structure is different in knoppix. any help would be appreciated. (i've been guessing but haven't had time yet to go through all the options)
    I think it might be /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox for Firefox and /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird for Thunderbird because I found the greprefs/all.js mentioned in that article from there:
    Code:
    knoppix@0[usr]$ find /usr/ | grep all.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/greprefs/all.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird/defaults/pref/all.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird/greprefs/all.js
    /usr/lib/mozilla-thunderbird/greprefs/xpinstall.js

  3. #3
    hmm... I'll try putting it ther but if you'll note I don't have an all.js in that directory... for my KNOPPIX remaster.
    Code:
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/defaults/pref/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/opt/openoffice/program/greprefs/all.js
    all that is in that directory is a plugins directory. I'll try anyway.

  4. #4
    that folder doesn't work... at least buy default...

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by xenoterracide
    hmm... I'll try putting it ther but if you'll note I don't have an all.js in that directory... for my KNOPPIX remaster.
    Code:
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/defaults/pref/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/lib/thunderbird/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/all.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/usr/share/firefox/greprefs/xpinstall.js
    /home/knoppix/source/KNOPPIX/opt/openoffice/program/greprefs/all.js
    all that is in that directory is a plugins directory. I'll try anyway.
    Have you tried /usr/share/firefox where you seem to have the greprefs/all.js-file ?

  6. #6
    yes... was my first try.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    What was the right folder in Gentoo Linux?

  8. #8
    Code:
    /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox

Similar Threads

  1. Remastered 6.0.1. - root folder misplaced ?
    By heap in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 02:24 PM
  2. Could Not make Folder
    By mlrible in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 06:35 AM
  3. Can't create folder
    By empro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 07:51 PM
  4. Uninstall Mozilla and Mozilla components
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
  5. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i  CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD picture

LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 256 SSD WCAM WI1 CORD

$250.00



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK

$285.99



Lenovo ThinkPad X280 Laptop 12.5” FHD Core i7 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 WiFi picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X280 Laptop 12.5” FHD Core i7 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 WiFi

$242.22