-
cannot find hard drive in root shell
UNfortunately, my computer crashed and I've turned to Knoppix.
I got it up and running okay, but my hard drive (I never partitioned it) never showed up on the desktop. By changing the desktop configurations (show unmounted hard disk drives), I was able to get it there. However, upon right click -> mount, I get an error that tells me to check that my hd's are plugged in correctly (they are, double-checked). Now upon doing mount /dev/hde1, I get can't find dev/hde1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab. I'm at my wit's end here, and I apologize if this problem has come up a lot before (and has been answered), but I'm a Linux noob and find it hard to follow a lot of the jargon in these topics. I don't see how there can be trouble finding my hard drive if it can abviously read that it's there (hence the ocon appearing on the desktop), and the fact that prior to booting up Linux, Windows reads my hard drive as functional. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By ed123 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-01-2008, 01:04 AM
-
By RJ17 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2007, 08:08 PM
-
By knoppix00 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-20-2006, 12:39 AM
-
By jeremiah in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 06:04 AM
-
By Mikkey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99