-

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
rmonterr
Hmm, okay, once again I'm probably using the wrong terminology.
I've got two 120 gig hard drives in RAID 0 array. I never actually used the partition utility in windows prior to saving anything on there. That's what I mean by "unpartitioned."
Yea, you are claiming something that doesn't make sense, and you didn't mention key information.
1. Someone partitioned those drives in the RAID setup process. If it wasn't you then it was someone else, but implying you have a unpartitioned hard drive led people down the wrong track.
2. That you didn't mention the Raid 0 issue until now was a huge mistake. Unfortunately, it seems like your Raid setup is software based and I don't believe that you are going to be able to access any of that data from Knoppix; you can only read it with the Raid drivers that created it. Raid zero stripes the data aross multiple drives, it writes some on on drive then moves to the next drive. So this hard drive that you are trying to extract files from may not have any complete files on it, just parts of files. There is, of course, no redundancy of data with Raid 0, so it's not used for reliability (just the opposite, it is much more prone to failure, as loss of any hard disk will cause all data to be lost). Why you would choose to use RAID 0 and not keep good backups, particilarly under Windows that is well known for this type of problem, is something that I can't understand.
I'm sorry that this is not the information that you had hoped to hear, but it's not a Koppix or Linux issue.
Thanks. I backed up all my important, and expensive, software and their corresponding applications. It's the sentimental stuff I didn't. This really blows, but the thanks for the help anyway.
Similar Threads
-
By ed123 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-01-2008, 01:04 AM
-
By RJ17 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-15-2007, 08:08 PM
-
By knoppix00 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-20-2006, 12:39 AM
-
By jeremiah in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 06:04 AM
-
By Mikkey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55