Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Changed autologin to kdm but kde doesnt work

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Changed autologin to kdm but kde doesnt work

    Hello

    I have remastered a knoppix so when I reach the 5 runlevel it does not autologin, it show de kdm login.
    I have created users and put their home directorio in /user/local/users/. When I log into the system using kde as session type I get a black window and the kdm restart again.
    If I choose failsfe I can log, and it shows me a term, then I run startkde and it begings to load. It shows de kpanel, the desktop.... but suddenly the kde restarts and it shows me the kdm login again

    Anybody knows how I can solve it?

    PS: To get the kdm instead of autologin I changed /etc/inittab indicating at the end of the file that when it reach the 5 runlevel it launch the kdm instead de script xsession. I dont know if this is the best way to do it, but I havent find a better way.....

    Emi

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Catalonia (not spain)
    Posts
    5
    i try that:

    - control center
    - sytem administration
    - acces administrator
    - take the gadget in the right of users, in spanish is called "comodidad", i'm sorry i don't know the name in english
    - activate automatic access

    I have kno v3.7. good luck

Similar Threads

  1. chmod doesnt work ?
    By pdc124 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 10:35 PM
  2. command doesnt work
    By xtoor in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 08:12 AM
  3. k-package doesnt work
    By royalts in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 01:23 AM
  4. Ctrl-Alt-FX doesnt work..
    By Wonko in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 02:48 AM
  5. my keyboard doesnt work
    By tezkejbjes in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.75