-
swap file partition type?
Hello all,
i'm trying to install Knoppix 5 on a Pentium 3 with 64MB ram. I removed all partitions from the harddrive. Knoppix needs to create a swapfile because the machine has less than 64MB ram. I am using Ultimate Boot Disk V3.4 to create the required DOS partition... but it seems to fail: Knoppix tries to detect a DOS partition to create a swap file, but it does not find the DOS partition. I think I created a DOS partition of the wrong kind? I tried FAT16, FAT32 and a whole bunch of other options available when using Ultimate Boot Disk. Whatever I try, Knoppix does not find a DOS partition to create the swap file.
it says: 'Sorry, no useable partitions available for swapfile.'
Any help here?
ps also see http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Knowing...han_128_Mb_RAM
Its confusing: they're talking about Linxu Swap paritions but also on DOS (as long as it's not NTFS)... what does this mean? I tried Linux SWAP but that one also was not recognized by Knoppix
Similar Threads
-
By RHCA in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
-
By TheChemist187 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-23-2005, 11:18 AM
-
By yukichigai in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:27 AM
-
By jehan60188 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 06:06 AM
-
By helios17 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 04:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vacuum/Air Duster Super Power Mini Car Vacuum Cleaner 4-in-1 air Blower Gun
$64.35

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard
$38.99

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98