-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
kermitq
no, the problem is not so silly as You thought...
Maybe I understand what you mean.
I've experienced this isssue with 'exhotic' devices. With 'exhotic' I mean not simply usb_key but such devices as PSP(sony). Knoppix installs (not live_cd, not tried) completly fails to mount it. I can mount such devices only with a kanotix install, but they will be recognized as 'read_only_file_ system', and after an 'ls -l /media/sda1' check I have a result like:
Code:
-rx-r------- guest guest .....
And even after become root and giving a 'chmod 777 /media/sda1' command the shell again says 'read-only file system!'. 
This not always happen and once I was able to mount a PSP on knoppix/kanotix_install with r/w rights.
To avoid the only_read_fs_issue maybe is necessary crete a filesystem from scratch [mkfs.vfat...], but not tried, being PSPs of costumers and not mine.
Similar Threads
-
By raesene in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
-
By Krendall in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:37 AM
-
By crveni in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 08:46 AM
-
By walterma in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 07:52 AM
-
By Dioran in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

16GB(2x 8GB) Crucial DDR3L-1600 SODIMM / Lot of 2 8GB / Laptop RAM Memory / A25
$17.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

1x CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM 8GB 3200MHz
$38.00

Kingston 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 260-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC lot of 10
$1500.00

ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 DIMM Unbuffered AX3U1600W8G9-RR
$25.00