-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 5.0.1 Low speed when loading net pages
I've been experiencing Knoppix 5.0.1 live Linux-on CD lately .I find the more I explore Knoppix , the more issues
I encounter. My primary issues are as follows:
No.1 I find Knoppix does not support Chinese charaters ,therefore documents as well as net pages written in Chinese
are not readable (unrecognizable code like #@$%&*! instead of Chinese characters).
No.2 I 've configured my networking card correctly n now I can surf the net , but the problem is that the speed
some net pages are loaded n opened on my PC is extremely slow ,sometimes even occuring a load failure .While
this problem will disappear if I surf the Internet under Windows XP OS.
I list my networking hardware n related information below so as to u can help me address my issues accordingly :
My network adapter n MAC address are as follows:
Realtek RTL8139/810X Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC
MAC address-- 00-0d-87-6d-81-05 (0 as zero not the letter O)
I 've got my static IP address n other essential information like subnet mask , gateway , n DNS. My ethernet adapter
is connected to a Local Area Network in a school apartment which is part of the whole school network that is connected to
the Internet.
Thanks in advance
Similar Threads
-
By LT72884 in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
-
By play1962 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-09-2006, 06:14 PM
-
By reyn in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By migasf in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

READ Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$149.99

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99