I've got a Knoppix5.0.1 live Linux-on CD disc n I've been exploring it ever since ,but can I install Knoppix 5.0.1 from this disc or do I have to download an installation one from the official website ?
Any help are more than greatly appriciated
I've got a Knoppix5.0.1 live Linux-on CD disc n I've been exploring it ever since ,but can I install Knoppix 5.0.1 from this disc or do I have to download an installation one from the official website ?
Any help are more than greatly appriciated
It's not exactly an idiot question. There are two very conflicting schools of thought on it. You deinately don't have to download "something else" if you are dead set on installing Knoppix, what you have on the CD or DVD is what you "install". But there are many of us who believe that installing it is a mistake. See my stock answer #2 for details. And in your case I would think there is even more reason to avoid a Knoppix install and go witha Linux that is really intended for hard disk, since you have already noted the problems with Knoppix and your native language, but Debian, the Linux release that Knoppix is based on, has support for it. I'm not qualified to evaluate the quality of the support for your language, but from whaT I've seen of the rest of Debian I would expect it would be pretty good (which is not a promise that all applications that you might want to download would also support the language, but at least some will). Since Knoppix is built from Debian you could install debian and then install any of the applications that you want that are in Knoppix from the Dabian package system. I Would suggest that you start here, use the link near the top right to find a local server, and consider a net-install of Debian.
I'm with Harry. If you want an install distro, install Kubuntu. Super Sweet.Originally Posted by MichaelYoung
Go PClinux OS, the best new user distro there is today. (KDE as well).Originally Posted by Vorian
Sorry , but can u explain the PClinux OS in detail, I have no idea what it is , sorry about my ignorance .
Thanx
There are many many versions (or Distros) of Linux, almost as many as there are religions. Unfortunately, many people who select one come to believe that their choice is the only right one, just like with religion. Rather than take such advice you might want to look into the different distros and see what they offer. On good place to start would be Distrowatch, in the right hand column you can find links to many different distros that should help you determine what is right for you. Some distros might be great for some people, but awful for others, if it doesn't support their native language for example. I have mentioned installing Debian to you more than once. Not because I think it's the best Linux distro, but because if you want Knoppix installed you can get the good but not the bad by installing Debian etch, Knoppix is based on Debian. And it supports your native language. PCLinuxOS is English only. If you install another distro that seems right for you, that's great, just make an informed choice.Originally Posted by MichaelYoung
I know u must be tired of hearing thanx from hundreds of people whom u offer help, but I am really greatful 4 u. Thanx a million again.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$8999.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99