-
Can't find Knoppix File System
Yes I'm new at this. I'm running a Dell Precision M70 with XP. I down loaded Knoppix twice thinking the first time I had a bad transfer. I get to the boot page then it starts to detect my hardware and then in red characters it says "Can't Find Knoppix File System". It then goes on to tell me that I have been put into a very limmited shell mode. Any help here?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Well, if you are downloading from a mirror it's not out of the question that you got a bad download both times! More importantly, you're not following the advice in answer #1 or you would at the very least know if you had a bad download or not before burning the disc. This link also covers the other things that are likely going wrong such as burning at high speed, and will tell you a way to get a good download faster tha from the mirrors and how to be 100% certain if your download is good or not.
Similar Threads
-
By gurustered in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
-
By snippy in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By Spool32 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By MR.Error in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 06:58 AM
-
By Neo855 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98