See answer #6.
When booting Knoppix from a cd is it possible to rename files on a mounted hard drive?
Is is possible to delete files mounted hard drive?
Is there a way to change file permission on a mounted drive?
See answer #6.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I am really starting to hate Microsoft. I am using Windows Xp. I see a line in the answer you referred me to that says, "You can't write to an NTFS partition. This is a design choice of Microsoft, not Linux or Knoppix." Does this mean I would be unable to use Knoppix repair files within my Windows Xp operating system?
I mean if I needed to pull some files from my i386 directory and place it in my system32 directory, that I could not because that would be writing to the drive.
Writing to NTFS with Linux (hence Knoppix) is basically an experimental capability which is being tested. Older implementations of the NTFS write capability were reported to corrupt NTFS disks. The NTFS write capability in Knoppix 5.01 is said to be safe but has some limitations, and in any case has still to be thoroughly tested before it is suitable for use by everybody.
Therefore writing to NTFS involves some risk. Whether you should take the risk or not depends on your circumstances. It depends on how experienced you are with computers, whether you have backups etc.
I have been test writing to NTFS intensively for the last 2 months, but then I do on an experimental system where I am not afraid of losing data. In an emergency, let's say where my XP has crashed, and the last option I have to rescue my system is to use Knoppix, then yes, I would be prepared to use Knoppix to write to an NTFS partition. That's again because here I would have little to lose.
I would not recommend you to do it on your main XP system where you keep precious files and documents. In your case, since you just want to copy some files from one directory to another, I would recommend you do it within Windows.
There are some recent posts on the MS Windows section of this forum discussing Linux writing to NTFS.
Regards.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99