I've seen a few posts of other people having problems with Intel Graphics and Im another person. I have 'Intel 82865G Graphics Controller'. I think this is where the problem is coming from. When I boot, everything is fine but it boots into something like 640x840... Im not sure of the exacts but its the smallest and it wont give me any other options. I have tried using the boot codes but still nothing. I have downloaded the latest driver(s) for it here. Now, I dont know what to do with this file because I am very new to any linux. I have tried 'installing' it but it says I need to place it in root so it can use /bin/sh. I've tried to do that but it wont let me because Im not logged on as root and I dont know how to. I have set up a root password and tried 'su' in console but nothing. I'm sure you can tell that I'm pretty new to this so any help at all would be nice, thanks!
Edit: I also have been using a persistent home image on a USB stick, but will it save this? Or will I have to install it everything I boot?

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00