-
remaster 5.0.1 KDE login prompt issue
Hello all,
I've just finished (almost) remastering Knoppix 5.0.1 and cant seem to figure this one out.
Like so many others, I mostly followed the guide at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto, but I wanted to strip down the image quite a bit, and found a tip on another site to use the synaptic package manager from my chroot'd environment.
This worked out quite well, but I noticed that when I removed certain packages, it forced others to install. (Sorry, I'm long time redhat /rpm / yum user, but a total noob with apt-get). So, I suspect that one of the "forced" upgrades/installs messed up the startup scripts somewhere.
My problem now is that when I boot from my iso and X starts, I now get the KDE login window instead of going straight in to the desktop.
I've googled until my eyes hurt, and have checked all of the usual suspects (inittab, xdmrc, 45xsession, etc) and can't seem to find what is causing my issue.
Any help will. be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Similar Threads
-
By thors_hammer123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 06:50 PM
-
By flashfyre in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 05:55 AM
-
By newbie_remaster in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 01:40 AM
-
By erp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By hololi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch
$164.98

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper Networks EX4400-24X
$3000.00

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed
$466.65

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$345.97