Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problems starting Knoppix 5.

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Problems starting Knoppix 5.

    Hello, I really don't know much about Linux but I was hoping someone could help me. I used to use Knoppix 3.2 on and off. I just downloaded 5 and can't get it to load. I always get an error saying that it can't find a suitable x-server for my card. I've tried this in two computers, each with different cards and they've failed.

    I also get a cloop decompression -3 error

    The first card is Sis 760 and my other is an Nvidia. Both allowed Knoppix 3.2 to run. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Problems starting Knoppix 5.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryansanders2002
    ...I also get a cloop decompression -3 error....
    Well, the video system changed pretty raduically starting with version 5, but the above error should be the first thing you focus on. Read the information in Answer #1 and try to resolve it. Once you get past having this error, if you still have video problems, see the section on cheat codes and try some of the video related ones such as vga=normal, but fixing the error should be done first.

  3. #3
    Well I used BT to download this time and all the cloop errors are gone. I boot with vga=normal. It tells me there's an error with the x-server but then it boots up anyhow. So everything appears to be in working order. Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. PROBLEMS STARTING APACHE2 AND MYSQL KNOPPIX 5.0.1
    By rnfbr1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 11:58 PM
  2. Problems booting and starting X
    By khinch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 08:39 PM
  3. Having problems starting Knoppix...
    By grayfox777 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 06:54 AM
  4. Problems starting X on remastered Knoppix
    By robamler in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 07:57 PM
  5. Problems starting knoppix
    By garrettvm in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 04:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$128.96



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08