-
Avoid formatting HD to reinstall XP
I cannot boot Wind. XP in my PC; in console mode, using chkdsk /r, the message is "..irreversible errors", if I try to reinstall XP it asks to reformat the disk.
So I used Koppix to recover my personal data and I succeded.
Now, I'd like to know if I can do more, making me able to reestablish the previus conditions.
I tried Testdisk; the "analysis" menu that warned "bad ending head (CHS and LBA dont' match)" and then "proceed" obtaining "The current number of head per cylinder is 16 but the current value may be 255. " In my bios realy the number of heads is set to 16, but in any case, I tried to change it.
I used "geometry" to change the number of heads, but it seems to me that it did not write this info on HD.
I'm not sure if I'm am on the right way to fix the problem.
Can someone suggest me how to go head?
Similar Threads
-
By Shinzon in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-25-2009, 09:52 AM
-
By Uncle Stinky in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
-
By joselso in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-06-2005, 12:13 AM
-
By marklin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 08:46 AM
-
By user unknown in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$3199.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz Memory DIMM Tested Excellent Condition
$155.00

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

KINGSTON 8GB 1RX16 PC4-3200AA-SC0-12-KKRVFX-LAPTOP MEMORY
$28.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00