I think this is off topic regarding VMWare.
Anyway, when I first tried adding a printer in 5.0.1, I didn't have permission to add a printer (i.e. admin privileges), or the driver was missing. I chose the ESP driver for my particular printer, and it worked after that.
I think that this should be addressed in future Knoppix releases, maybe by removing irrelevant drivers, and updating the FAQ, or adding a sticky message.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00
Fortinet FortiAnalyzer-100C Firewall Physical Appliance, FAZ-100C
$100.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
$170.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99