Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: xcdroast, su file manager time out

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    xcdroast, su file manager time out

    I have Knoppix on HD and have run apt-get successfull. I really like the build and have woody and Redhat 8 on oyher partitions.
    1. My xcdroast and Super User FIle Manager will not startup. They just time out, I can't see anyting with top while the time out is in progress. Any ideas?
    2. I would like to have more than the three screen resolution that are default. How to add higher resolution screens?
    Thanks for the great work.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    41
    Ditto

    what he said

  3. #3

    xcdroast & su file manager

    I found that logging in as root and not as user enabled xcdroast and su file manger. However, xcdroast doesn't detect my cd writer but other Linux versions do. The message from xcdroast was that xcdroast was looking for scsi-emulation in the kernel and didn't find it. I think I read that scsi-emulation was not included in Knoppix. There must be a work a round for this I hope?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
  2. Source manager
    By firebyrd10 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 01:44 AM
  3. rpm manager
    By alphaepsilonlamda in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:55 PM
  4. xCDRoast slow - what/how can I turn off services?
    By bilzer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 12:50 AM
  5. Device manager?
    By VeeDubb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520 picture

OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520

$29.43



New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W picture

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W

$49.95



Dell Genuine Toner Full Set Of 4 CMYK 2130cn/2135cn CT201180-CT201183 picture

Dell Genuine Toner Full Set Of 4 CMYK 2130cn/2135cn CT201180-CT201183

$39.99



OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



GENUINE (OEM ) Dell LATITUDE 7420 Battery & Cable Y4FRN (TYPE 7FMXV) picture

GENUINE (OEM ) Dell LATITUDE 7420 Battery & Cable Y4FRN (TYPE 7FMXV)

$19.99



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



Dell OEM 240W 7.4mm 19.5V 12.3A Big Barrel AC Adapter Mixed Model B Grade picture

Dell OEM 240W 7.4mm 19.5V 12.3A Big Barrel AC Adapter Mixed Model B Grade

$17.99



NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515 picture

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515

$47.95



OEM Genuine Dell Latitude 5420 5424 7424 Rugged 11.4V 51Wh Battery 06JRCP 7WNW1 picture

OEM Genuine Dell Latitude 5420 5424 7424 Rugged 11.4V 51Wh Battery 06JRCP 7WNW1

$95.67