I have a kubuntu box. I was seeing a crash of blender when hitting "P" to game play. Note: my other box with Knoppix did NOT give the same prob! (So much for knoppix not being a good HDD choice).
Anyway, I got some advice to go install the appropriate NVIDIA drivers. I followed the directions off of an ubuntu web site, which mainly meant using synaptic to grab some stuff. I type in a few commands, modify a document, reboot and voila!-- the system locks up entirely upon going to the first screen with the kubuntu logo on it.![]()
Can I use Knoppix in a live CD mode to fix this?
Note: isn't knoppix being "nicer" to us by providing all the drivers right off? Isn't it a bit dodgy, in the name of OSS, to give you the copyrighted binaries anyway, but just make you go through some extra hoops--- hoops that can strangle an almost non-n00b like myself?![]()

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99
Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)
$330.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00