-
Junior Member
registered user
Thank you very much
Stephen, your explanation was nothing short of exactly what I needed to know. I should've probably mentioned that I had Windows installed on another computer other than the one I was installing Linux to. That problem was solved with the use of those black 3.5" things that my forefathers used to use.
Mate this is a good forum and I can tell you've been here for a while. Thanks for your courteous treatment and I hope one day I can return the favour.
In regards to the updated version of Knoppix, the only thing that would be an advantage to me at this point would be a more lean version with just Office and Internet tools. But I can't really make a speed judgement until I have really tweaked and understood this operating system.
I used to use an old Atari ST diligently for music creation. I am comforted to see certain simularities to the Atari interface, blended carefully with Windows and Mac elements aswell. Overall, I feel that despite my no sleep tonight (at all... 28hours going strong.. sorta strong..) I have started on something new and exciting.
Linux is 'cool'... well, as cool as an operating system gets. OSX is good too, but Linux seems more personal, and more Atari.
Cheers!
Similar Threads
-
By madserb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 12:59 AM
-
By ofb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 12:20 AM
-
By JechiD in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 03:46 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 07:23 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 01:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage PCMCIA 2.1 E/IDE ATA/ATAPI Interface Card Adapter w/ Cable
$59.99

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Compaq RT235BTW Beige PS/2 Keyboard 247430-001 Erase-Eaze Split Spacebar
$71.24

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37