Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Setting up Wireless in Knoppix 5.01

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Section 31
    Posts
    1

    Setting up Wireless in Knoppix 5.01

    Hi there. Last night I downloaded 5.01 CD release and booted it up on my Dell laptop which has an Intel PROSET Wireless 2915ABG built in. Knoppix boots up fine, but, whenever I try to use the WLAN Manager to set things up it keep's asking for an administrator password, which I thought was odd to say the least.

    And, with that it brings up another question, does 5.01 even support WPA2 encryption? I use that in XP with my wireless router and the laptop, but when I had booted up Knoppix 5.0 DVD release that I also have, it didnt seem to support anything past WEP.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7

    Re: Setting up Wireless in Knoppix 5.01

    Quote Originally Posted by xQuarkDS9x
    Hi there. Last night I downloaded 5.01 CD release and booted it up on my Dell laptop which has an Intel PROSET Wireless 2915ABG built in. Knoppix boots up fine, but, whenever I try to use the WLAN Manager to set things up it keep's asking for an administrator password, which I thought was odd to say the least.

    And, with that it brings up another question, does 5.01 even support WPA2 encryption? I use that in XP with my wireless router and the laptop, but when I had booted up Knoppix 5.0 DVD release that I also have, it didnt seem to support anything past WEP.
    You must set an administrator password first. With no password set, you cannot configure anything.

    Regards

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
  2. Setting up NFS Server with Knoppix
    By npatchett in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 08:35 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.3 CONFIG_PARPORT_PC Setting and VMWARE
    By Podengo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:07 PM
  4. Knoppix setting saves and more...
    By Flitt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
  5. Help Setting up Wireless Card
    By standmatt in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 06:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$21.05



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718 picture

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718

$22.00



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air picture

Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air

$419.59