-
Anyone want to hand-hold me setting up Wi-Fi?
I need to remaster a KNOPPIX CD that will boot on my Sony Vaio and allow me to use the wifi. Twice now my HD has died when away on trips, and I need to check company email and such.
The Vaio (one of those REAL small ones) has a buit in wireless card, but I also have a PCMCIA Intel card, and while it sees ETH0, ETH1, ETH2 (onboard and two wi-fi cards), I cannot figure out how to make them see any access points.
I guess I can forget the remastering if I could figure out how to make it work in a pinch. At least I wouldn't be dead in the water.
If there's a link to a solution, I'm all clicks!
Thanks.
PS, if you want to do this Off-List, I will give you my email.
Similar Threads
-
By sprotch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2006, 08:29 PM
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-04-2005, 03:18 AM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 01:05 AM
-
By phaedral in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 01:29 PM
-
By joekm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99