Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to install modem driver (Smartlink)?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mongolia
    Posts
    6

    How to install modem driver (Smartlink)?

    How to install modem driver? My modem's model is Smart link 56k voice modem.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1
    I, too, have the same modem and the same problem. My modem came with the drivers for the 2.6 kernel, which I have, but I can`t seem to get it to compile properly. I tried everything the read me file said to do, modifying the Makefile with nano to point every thing in the right place and the such. I know that it is some mistake on my behalf, but that is what is so frustrating. I`m head strong and will crack the code and let you know. I`m really new to Linux, but think once I get it figured out that I will like it better than Windows. Hang in there, these forums are awesome in the way of help.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 03:02 PM
  2. help setting up smartlink modem on a laptop
    By Joseph Schiller in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 01:20 PM
  3. Need Modem Driver
    By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 11:30 PM
  4. Modem Driver
    By chrisjrn in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 03:36 AM
  5. How do I install a modem driver.
    By malic in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU

$414.99