-
Remastered is not booting
Hey guys,
I have a kurumin linux, witch is based on KNOPPIX.
I have been trying to remaster a new CD so I can you on other machines with my application on it.
So, I have done all steps, but it just do not boot from CD.
I have used this command to generate the .iso file:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster/
dont the -no-emul-boot remove the "ability" to boot from CD?
pls help!
thx.
-
Is there a way I can check if the CD will boot before I burn it?
Just for not keep loosing so many CDs...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes, install emulator software such as qemu/kqemu or VMware Server/Workstation.
Or use CD-RW media if the iso file is less than 700MB.
-
Well, IT IS WORKING....
I realised that my VMware software was wrong, it wasnt booting from the CD it does on windows..
thx for the help;
Similar Threads
-
By omry in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2007, 03:39 PM
-
By raj1478 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 06:50 AM
-
By metzelplik in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 03:59 AM
-
By mehlng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Canon 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive MD 5501 K-61435-18 UNTESTED
$59.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Intel PC Camera Pack USB CICP3 825118 NOS Open Box Complete 2000
$39.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Computer Peripherals Inc. Ramsack III ISA Memory Expansion 16bit 8 SIMM
$85.00

vintage Motherboard Socket 370 with Celeron 1.30 Ghz 256MB
$62.99

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$62.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00