-
Boot Knoppix on Compaq Deskpro
Hello,
This is my first time, so be gentle.
I have downloaded the Knoppix ISO image twice and burned it each time to a new CD. I set my Compaq Deskpro to boot from CD-Rom first. ( I have a 20Gig disk that shows 18.56 Gig available, no other partitions, 256Mb. of Ram and Celeron 496Mhz processor, and Windows ME as primary OS). The CD starts to boot and everything is configured, then a pretty female voice says something like "initiating start up procedure". The light on the CD-Rom blinks for another minute and then the screen goes completely black and the CD stops and nothing happens. I then give the "Three finger salute" and the pretty voice comes on again and says shutdown sequence has started. That's it.
Am I missing something here. The first time I downloaded it http: the second time I downloaded it ftp from Florida St.Univ.. I tried to check the checksums with MD5x and the generated checksums showed green, but the check files showed red.
Please Help!
e.newed
Similar Threads
-
By opmvz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By spaceinvader001 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 06:50 AM
-
By jimbwork in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 05:51 PM
-
By RobertB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 06:20 PM
-
By genxian316 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00