Hi David
I had the same problem.
Do these:
modprobe raid1
mknod /dev/md0 b 9 0
If you need more,
mknod /dev/md1 b 9 1
then do the mdadm create and it works
Thanks
Hari
Hi,
I just donloaded knoppix 5.0.1, booted with it, and noticed the software raid devices (/dev/mdX (X=0 on up)) are missing. I've noticed there are /dev/.static/dev/mdX's, but when I try to create a software raid array with those devices I get:
mdadm: error opening /dev/.static/dev/mdX: No such device or address
Also /proc/mdstat is missing.
So what happened to software raid? Knoppix 4.0 had all of this, was there a decision to remove software raid completely from the kernel?
Thanks,
David
Hi David
I had the same problem.
Do these:
modprobe raid1
mknod /dev/md0 b 9 0
If you need more,
mknod /dev/md1 b 9 1
then do the mdadm create and it works
Thanks
Hari

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy A9 Plus 11.0" 64GB Navy SM-X210
$124.99
Samsung Dual-Rank DDR4 2933MHz 64GB RAM
$379.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.5" Tablet SM-X200 (Gray 64GB) Wifi CRACKED CAMERA
$50.48
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T677A Motherboard 100% Original Oem
$107.99