Hi David
I had the same problem.
Do these:
modprobe raid1
mknod /dev/md0 b 9 0
If you need more,
mknod /dev/md1 b 9 1
then do the mdadm create and it works
Thanks
Hari
Hi,
I just donloaded knoppix 5.0.1, booted with it, and noticed the software raid devices (/dev/mdX (X=0 on up)) are missing. I've noticed there are /dev/.static/dev/mdX's, but when I try to create a software raid array with those devices I get:
mdadm: error opening /dev/.static/dev/mdX: No such device or address
Also /proc/mdstat is missing.
So what happened to software raid? Knoppix 4.0 had all of this, was there a decision to remove software raid completely from the kernel?
Thanks,
David
Hi David
I had the same problem.
Do these:
modprobe raid1
mknod /dev/md0 b 9 0
If you need more,
mknod /dev/md1 b 9 1
then do the mdadm create and it works
Thanks
Hari

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99
Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09