Hi David
I had the same problem.
Do these:
modprobe raid1
mknod /dev/md0 b 9 0
If you need more,
mknod /dev/md1 b 9 1
then do the mdadm create and it works
Thanks
Hari
Hi,
I just donloaded knoppix 5.0.1, booted with it, and noticed the software raid devices (/dev/mdX (X=0 on up)) are missing. I've noticed there are /dev/.static/dev/mdX's, but when I try to create a software raid array with those devices I get:
mdadm: error opening /dev/.static/dev/mdX: No such device or address
Also /proc/mdstat is missing.
So what happened to software raid? Knoppix 4.0 had all of this, was there a decision to remove software raid completely from the kernel?
Thanks,
David
Hi David
I had the same problem.
Do these:
modprobe raid1
mknod /dev/md0 b 9 0
If you need more,
mknod /dev/md1 b 9 1
then do the mdadm create and it works
Thanks
Hari

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00