Hi David
I had the same problem.
Do these:
modprobe raid1
mknod /dev/md0 b 9 0
If you need more,
mknod /dev/md1 b 9 1
then do the mdadm create and it works
Thanks
Hari
Hi,
I just donloaded knoppix 5.0.1, booted with it, and noticed the software raid devices (/dev/mdX (X=0 on up)) are missing. I've noticed there are /dev/.static/dev/mdX's, but when I try to create a software raid array with those devices I get:
mdadm: error opening /dev/.static/dev/mdX: No such device or address
Also /proc/mdstat is missing.
So what happened to software raid? Knoppix 4.0 had all of this, was there a decision to remove software raid completely from the kernel?
Thanks,
David
Hi David
I had the same problem.
Do these:
modprobe raid1
mknod /dev/md0 b 9 0
If you need more,
mknod /dev/md1 b 9 1
then do the mdadm create and it works
Thanks
Hari

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$600.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99
Yealink MP58 Cordless VoIP Conference Phone Bluetooth Handset Microsoft Teams
$95.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99