-
UDEV not finding mouse after switching to fluxbox
I had KDE up and running nicely for about 2 weeks now.
I decided to try fluxbox and went into the knoppix settings in KDE and set it for that.
restarted.
For some reason when I restarted, UDEV is not finding my mouse. I've tried switching desktops around but no mouse.
What is weird is that now it won't even let me dial out. Before, pppconfig would not autodetect my modem, I had to tell it com 1. Now it autodetects it...but won't let me dial out, the port seems stuck open after UDEV.
I've tried switching to all the desktops and back..no luck.
Is there a way I can force UDEV to rescan the devices from the boot screen (I have knoppix installed on my HD) or is there a way I can configure the xorg server from the command line? I've tried xorgconfig and setxconf but those commands don't work.
Thank in Advance.
-
Here is the lspci -v data.
I notice that when running live knoppix udev scans everything but with this problem udev seems to just read modules.conf without actually scanning. IF I delete modules.conf would it force udev to rescan everything?
---------------------------------------
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. P4M800CE Host Bridge
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation: Unknown device 0314
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 8
Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: [80] AGP version 3.5
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
0000:00:00.1 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. P4M800CE Host Bridge
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation: Unknown device 1314
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:00.2 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. P4M800CE Host Bridge
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation: Unknown device 2314
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:00.3 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. PT890 Host Bridge
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:00.4 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. P4M800CE Host Bridge
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation: Unknown device 4314
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:00.7 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. P4M800CE Host Bridge
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation: Unknown device 7314
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237 PCI Bridge (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
Memory behind bridge: fca00000-feafffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: eff00000-f7efffff
Secondary status: SERR
Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 2
0000:00:0f.0 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA VT6420 SATA RAID Controller (rev 80) (prog-if 8f [Master SecP SecO PriP PriO])
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16
I/O ports at d400 [size=8]
I/O ports at d000 [size=4]
I/O ports at cc00 [size=8]
I/O ports at c800 [size=4]
I/O ports at c400 [size=16]
I/O ports at c000 [size=256]
Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
0000:00:0f.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT2 / K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 16
I/O ports at fc00 [size=16]
Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
0000:00:10.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 81) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 17
I/O ports at d800 [size=32]
Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
0000:00:10.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 81) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 17
I/O ports at dc00 [size=32]
Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
0000:00:10.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 81) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 17
I/O ports at e000 [size=32]
Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
0000:00:10.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 81) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 17
I/O ports at ec00 [size=32]
Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
0000:00:10.4 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 86) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 17
Memory at febff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
0000:00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237 ISA bridge [KT600/K8T800/K8T890 South]
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 0
Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
0000:00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 60)
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 19
I/O ports at e400 [size=256]
Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
0000:00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II] (rev 7
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation K7VT4 motherboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 18
I/O ports at e800 [size=256]
Memory at febffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3344 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation: Unknown device 3344
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Memory at fd000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Expansion ROM at feaf0000 [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [70] AGP version 3.0
-
Ok here is another update.
UDEV was clearly pulling it's data from /etc/modules instead of scanning itself.
So I deleted /etc/modules-2.x.x and /etc/modules and /etc/modules.conf
Ok, so I restarted and UDEV was forced to rescan again on it's own..and it found my
mouse as before.
Only when I started KDE the mouse still does not work.
Please any suggestions here? Can't do much without a mouse.
Similar Threads
-
By Vetrivela in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-12-2009, 04:46 PM
-
By BreiteSeite in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-04-2007, 11:22 PM
-
By MrFSL in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-31-2006, 07:35 PM
-
By jstreich in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-30-2006, 06:13 PM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 01:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory
$105.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

SK Hynix HMA851S6AFR6N-UH PC4-2400T-SC0-11 4GB 1Rx16 Desktop Memory RAM Lot of 4
$54.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

20pc Server RAM Lot 296GB DDR3 DDR4 ECC RDIMM 16GB 8GB PC3 PC4 Tested
$250.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00