Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: A better menu grouping

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    4

    A better menu grouping

    I love menu grouping on Redhat./Mandrake Can we have it here in Knoppix?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    yeah I can agree on this, the kde-menu on knoppix is crazy, you cant find what you are looking for... bloated and not logical...

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    19
    Yes, I also agree. A new menu layout would be essential

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    20
    If that could be done it would be really cool.
    The big benefit of Knoppix is, that it is known beforehand, which software is there.
    So you could make up ONE good menu-structure, and thats it.

    Since I have knoppix installed right now on HD with the original software, I could try to rearrange the menu (the way Multimedia is grouped into graohics, sound, video and viewers), but in which way should I post this suggest? Zip the archive? (problem: As far as I know informations are split between three places: /home/knoppix/.kde/share/applnk, /usr/share/applnk and /etc/skel/.kde/share)

    Someone know a way to fetch the complete menustructure?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Icekiss
    Zip the archive?
    Seeing as you would be using linux I think tar.gz would be the idea.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    20
    The used packaging program isn't the point, and you know that.
    The question is: How do you get the structure of the menu in such a way that it can be reviewed easily (and being discussed in this forum)?

    I mean in the end I still could simply retype it from what I can see on my screen, but that isn't really the gracefull way, is it?

Similar Threads

  1. KDE Menu
    By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 09:18 PM
  2. menu k
    By Giachi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 11:27 PM
  3. No menu.lst
    By ssc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 04:25 PM
  4. k menu! Where is it?
    By fab1976 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 04:37 AM
  5. KDE Menu
    By doo-doo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 04:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


W&T 50519 Pure.box 3 USB Linux Thin Client Industrial PC Embedded Server picture

W&T 50519 Pure.box 3 USB Linux Thin Client Industrial PC Embedded Server

$135.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server picture

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server

$100.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD picture

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD

$169.99



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99